Friday, March 22, 2013

my lipstick is redder than your lipstick.

Hi ladies! Who wants to defy natural beauty?

This is my first beauty post and I wanted to make a statement. So, what's the biggest statement in beauty history? Sexy, bold, (slightly slutty at times aka +tonnes of smoky eyes +crazy fake eyelashes +pushyupbras) ...

RED LIPS

Credits: Shiseido Australia

My first red lipstick is from Nars: Velvet Matte in Pop life. It's a mixture of red and orange base. Then I started loving red lipsticks especially the various Nars, including Red Square and Dragon Girl.

How do I wear it? 
1. Dewy foundation base: most likely my trusty BB Cream in natural (not the super-pale-ones!)
2. Natural brows: straight-thick shaped brows (enhanced with Natio eyebrow set)
3. Tightlined eyes: using a black waterproof crayon eyeliner (opthamologist tested for me cause  I wear contacts), just lift your eyes a bit using a Q-tip or just a cotton bud and draw in a fine black line. This will thicken your lashes aka lie about how much lashes you have.
4. And oh hi there, Red lipstick. To keep it from feathering, lined the outer lips with red or neutral lipliner. To keep it from getting too matte, use some moisturising lip balms (Chubby stick is my go-to-balm!)

What I would usually recommend? 
For all skin colours, go for a plum red shade. It has a combination of both cool and warm base so it will suit everyone.
For pale Asian skin (like myself during winter), go for an orange base or coral coloured red.
For tanner Asian skin (also like myself during spring or summer), go for a blue base red (hint: fuschia).
For most Caucasian skin (very fair to fair skin with a natural or pink undertone), I would recommend most colours except for the ones that are too-orange.
For olive skin (natural or yellow undertone), try Shiseido lipsticks before any brands because I find them to be better for coloured skintones.

Under the red radar
Under the red radar by nina-yap featuring red makeup

Till next time, please comment below on ways you defy your natural beauty with red! :) x 

4 comments:

  1. So right! I have tanner Asian skin and orange/reds do not suit me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But yeah blue-base reds definitely suits tanner Asian skin! Love love fuschia, try a fuschia lipgloss! ;) x

      Delete
  2. I love the coral red.. always use it :))
    http://livehealthywithld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I was very into coral red, but lately have been loving fuschia shades (gotten a bit tanned here in Australia) :) x

      Delete